March 9, 2012
MetroAtlanta Ambulance Medics Save Dogs Life
In recent months, MAAS Medics Elise Sutton and Corey Pane were dispatched to a 9-1-1 call where on arrival they found a patient and two dogs lying in the garage overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning. The patient and one of the dogs were deceased but the crew noticed slight signs of life in a second dog and was able to save it by taking quick actions to pick it up and remove it from the location into fresh air, provide stimulation and deliver high flow oxygen therapy before Animal Control eventually transported the dog to the nearest veterinarian hospital. The medics stated they felt comfortable the dog would have a full recovery.
MAAS VP Devan Seabaugh stated, “I think it makes a great statement about the caring and compassionate people we have on our team”.